Monday 2 July 2012

Favourite nail varnishes

Bonjorno!
I really enjoy doing my nails, so I thought I would share my most treasured nail varnishes with you.

I don't really have designated summer or winter colours, I just wear what I fancy.



Moving left to right:

First up is my 17 High Gloss nail varnish in "Risky Red." I really love this colour on me, I think it really suits my skin tone. It's a fairly dark red, but not too over the top. It's really affordable; I think it was about the £4 mark.

Next, my L'Oreal nail varnish from the Colour Riche collection, in "Dating Coral" (305). I love this colour, I wear it all the time, especially in the warmer months, but I enjoy it all year round. It was more expensive than the one above, but it was still only about £6 - 7.

I love this nail varnish. It's by Urban Decay and it's from their Summer of Love collection, I have it in "Magic Bus." It's such a bright orange, perfect for when you feel like dressing down, but want a bit of... Pazzaz!  I have the sample size because my mum bought me loads of the smaller sized bottles because she knows I change my nail varnish so regularly that one bottle lasts for ever. I have no idea how much this was because my mum bought it for me.

Next is my favourite green. It's a beautiful, scented nail varnish by Revlon, in "Beach" (310). I only have one Revlon nail varnish, and that's this one. I must say, I'm not overly impressed by the coverage it gives; I don't know if it's the colour that I have or whether it's the formula, but it most definitely has made me more hesitant to go further with my Revlon purcahsing. Once I've layered on coat after coat, the colour is amazing though, such a lovely gold/green! I think it was probably around £7 - 8.

Now for my second favourite green. This one is by Barry M, and is a gorgeous mint green colour that is very similar to one that Chanel brought out a while ago. I have it in "Mint Green" (imaginative!) (304). I love this nail varnish, the colour is great, the coverage is great and it lasts for ages! I don't know how much it was, but it definitely wasn't very expensive.

Next is another Barry M nail varnish, except this one is a really creamy yellow. This is another one that needs quite a few coats to reach the desired colour, but once you're there, it's amazing! It doesn't chip very easily, like the previous one, and it's just gorgeous. It was probably the same price as the last one, helpful! I have it in "Lemon" (307).

This one is quite a boring colour, but I really like it for when I can't be bothered to do my nails properly. This one is by Natural Collection and is called "Peach Manicure." If you have longer nails, it really enhances the whiteness if your tips, however, if you have short nails it merely gives you quite a peachy/neutral colour. It's a really quick way to French manicure your nails, if they're long, without all the messing about. This wasn't very expensive because it's by Natural Collection, it was around £2.

Finally, this was quite a spur of the moment purchase and my boyfriend thought I was mad. However, everyone has said how much the colour suits me! It's called "Grey Matter" by Rimmel, from the 60 second range. I really like it; I would never normally buy a nail varnish that colour but... I did! I think it was around £4.

Okay, so those are my favourite nail varnishes, whether it be winter or summer.

I hope you've enjoyed reading and I'll speak to you soon!


2 comments:

  1. I looked at L'Oreal Dating Coral today and it looks really pretty! Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete