Wednesday 27 June 2012

Getting ready for summer

As I am sitting in my garden, on a very humid day in June, sipping on apple juice, I have an idea for a blog post. I haven't really seen very many summer essentials blogs or watched very many summer essentials videos so I thought I'd just go for it.

So, first up are a pair of wedges. Everyone needs at least one pair of wedges in their summer wardrobe. They can transform an entire outfit in seconds and make you feel 10 times more confident. I've been having a look around recently and I personally think that New Look have a great range of wedges out at the moment, and they're very reasonably priced.

Moisturiser is a must have for summer. The sun damages your skin even when you wear sun cream so it's really important to keep your skin hydrated. For summer I like to buy oil free ones to avoid shiny patches, especially around the nose, chin and forehead. The Neutrogena pink grapefruit facial moisturiser is probably the best one I've tried.

I would also invest in a shine control facial scrub, just to keep the oil production under control. When your skin gets dried out, it produces more oil, so it's important to cleanse thoroughly as well as keep oil at bay. Clean and Clear is a good brand to have a go with.

One of my definite must haves is a perfectly summery perfume. I have a really lovely DKNY one, but I don't know the name of it. It smells floral and fruity without being too sweet or strong. Subtle scents, for me, are 100% essential this summer.







Everyone needs a decent heat defence spray. The sun really dries out your hair and can leave you with really bad split ends, but I find that the Toni & Guy heat defence spray does the job perfectly. I use this before blow drying, straightening, curling and going out in the sun. It keeps my hair in great condition, and it's super affordable.



Instead of using sun cream on my face, I like to use an SPF foundation or moisturiser. One of my favourites at the moment is the Maybelline BB Cream. It's the 8 in 1, but I'll let you find those out for yourself, if you're interested. I'd definitely reccomend some form of SPF make up just because you don't necessarily have to worry about sun cream.




Like I said before, the sun really dries your skin out, so having a good moisturiser is key. Everybody wants that beautiful, glowing skin and moisturising will definitely do the trick. Also, getting one with a lovely scent will give you an incentive to want to apply it every day. Because, as we all know, applying moisturiser is... Boring!



I am totally in love with Revlon Lip Butters. They're so good for your lips but also give you amazing colour. They're great to put on in the morning, when you're running late, and they leave your lips feeling and looking great. They also really nourish your lips in the sun and heat. The one above is in Tutti Frutti.






Possibly one of the most important products for summer is waterproof mascara. Especially for days spent by the pool or at the beach. I especially like wearing brown mascaras in summer, just because it looks more natural, and personally I think natural is best.



I use hand cream most of the time, but I think it's especially important in summer when your hands are dry and irritable. It may be a good idea to buy a hand cream with bactericide in it, just for any picnics and such like.



A non-beauty product that is totally essential is a big, chunky necklace. My favourite is a three-coloured, different sized bead nexklace. It's so gorgeous, and completely transforms any outfit. Most necklaces like this are super affordable, depending on where you buy yours.




Eyebrow pencils are part of my make up all year round. However, when you don't want to wear loads of make up, if you have well groomed eyebrows, your face will look instantly more made up and perfect.





Finally, crosses are so in at the moment. I have these huge cross earrings from Topshop, but there are varying sizes and types on the high street. They're so gorgeous and make any outfit look instantly chic.



So, thank you for reading, I hope you've enjoyed! If you have any requests, please let me know and I'll happily oblige.

Speak to you soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment