Sunday 13 January 2013

Review: Rimmel Lipsticks (Kate Moss)

Bonjourno!

These lipsticks have been around for a while now, and I've not read many reviews on them. I thought the Internet was lacking a significant part of the make up market.

Left to right: 107 (matte), 05, 03, 111 (matte)
 


This was the first of the Kate Moss lipsticks that I bought. It's number 03 and is a really true nude. I really like this lipstick because it's not matte but it doesn't leave the lips super glossy looking; it has the perfect texture. This lipstick is great if you don't want to bother with lipstick all day but you want to leave the house wearing something: it doesn't leave a weird stain on your lips and it's not drying at all.


This is from the matte range that Kate Moss brought out with Rimmel. It is number 111 and is the only lipstick from either of Kate Moss' collections that has a name; Kiss Of Life. This is a deep, matte red and looks lovely with your hair in a high pony tail, minimal make up elsewhere and dressed totally in black. I've been looking at this in comparison with Ruby Woo from MAC and, I have to say, they're pretty close. They're pretty much identical in colour, but Ruby Woo is 100% matte, whereas Kiss Of Life is much more movable and flexible on the lips. If you don't have the funds to buy a MAC lipstick, I'd definitely recommend this one from Rimmel.


This is my favourite lipstick. Ever. It's such a beautiful pink, and has the best consistency. It lasts for a long time and goes with most make up looks. It's too bright to be wearing at school, but I still try to get away with it anyway; it's too lovely to leave at home. It's number 05 and I'm definitely going to repurchase it when mine runs out, I'm sure it won't take me long!


This is the most recent addition to my collection of Kate Moss lipsticks. It's number 107 and is a deep, plummy port colour. It's another one from the matte collection, and it's beautiful. I don't own Beguiled from Topshop, but I've swatched it and I'm pretty sure they're quite similar. If you own either of them, I wouldn't bother buying the one you don't have. I love this lipstick; it's so easy to wear (as long as you have the confidence to pull off dark colours), and will look lovely on pretty much any skin tone.
 
These lipsticks are £5.49 each (from Boots), so they're rather affordable. If that seems like a lot, they're the best quality drugstore lipsticks I've ever tried, and it's fair to say that I'm a lipstick fiend...
Obviously, the matte colours require much more maintenance throughout the day on the lips, but the other colours just disappear after a while and don't leave your lips looking strange or flaky.
I would definitely recommend giving both collections a go.
 
Have you tried any of these lipsticks? Which colours? Did you like them as much as I do?
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow the colors are so pigmented! I have to try them!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete